10.13.2008

Shady associations

So why are old white guys allowed to pal around with whoever they want, but the black guy who meets someone 25 years after his crime and disassociates himself from that crime gets tarred? Pun intended.

Not only does McCain pal around with convicted Watergate burglar G. Gordon Liddy, but he COMMENDS him on his principles and tells Liddy he's proud of him! Cripes!

Here's an excerpt from Liddy's radio show in May of THIS YEAR:
LIDDY: Your experience in the Hanoi Hilton is remarkable. I mean, I put in five years in a prison [for masterminding the Watergate burglary, and associated crimes], but it was here in the United States, and they didn't torture - the only torture that I had was being forced to listen to rap music from time to time.

McCAIN: Well, you know, I'm proud of you. I'm proud of your family. I'm proud to know your son, Tom, who's a great and wonderful guy. And it's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon. And congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great.
(Carl Bernstein at Huff Post)

No comments: