3.11.2009

The Stewart-Cramer Feud, all in one spot

Jim Cramer is going on The Daily Show Thursday night. He and Jon Stewart have been engaging in a war of words for over a week.

It begins here, when Stewart went after CNBC. The piece was planned, but seemed more relevant when loudmouth revolution leader Rick Santelli stiffed Stewart at the last minute.


Cramer then protested that a statement of his regarding buying Bear Stearns stock was taken out of context.

Stewart conceded the point to Cramer, saying with a hint of mockery, "I apologize, that was out of context, technically you were correct, you weren't suggesting to buy Bear Stearns. That was something you did five days earlier, in your buy and sell segment."

Going on the Today Show, Cramer again tried to deflect criticism of his Bear Stearns call.


Following Jim Cramer's appearance on Today on Tuesday as a rebuttal to Jon Stewart, The Daily Show launched a full frontal assault on the entire NBC family.

Noting the awkwardness of Cramer's appearance on "The Today Show," where he watched Stewart's attack on his credibility, Stewart deadpanned that "it put a human face on my mocking, and gave me a sense of the damage I had done to a real person... It'd be like him having to watch me as his Bear Stearns advice wiped out my parents' 401(k)."

Stewart then turned to MSNBC, where he introduced Cramer's appearance on "Morning Joe" by saying "I like my news like I like my coffee, white and bitter."

So now you're ready for Part 5, Thursday night.

No comments: