1.03.2010

2010 IS NOT A NEW DECADE

I posted a link to Jon Stewart's Decade in Review below. I love Jon. And this isn't aimed solely at Jon. He's a comedian. But when I see "serious news sources" wrapping up the decade a full year early, I get a little..... crazy.

2009 WAS NOT THE END OF THE FUCKING DECADE!

Decades, and centuries, and millenia, run from 1 to 0. ONE TO FUCKING ZERO.

Don't believe me?

Walk up to a kid and ask them to count the first ten numbers. Do they say: "Zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine"?

No, they do not. NO THEY DO GODDAMN NOT!

They start at one. JUST LIKE YEARS!

There was no Year Zero. It starts at Year One. Therefore the first decade was year 1 to year 10. It ended ON YEAR TEN!

This decade ends at the end of TWO THOUSAND TEN!

Jeez.

No comments: