2.19.2010

BURN! "Family Guy" actress with Downs hits back at Palin

My name is Andrea Fay Friedman. I was born with Down syndrome. I played the role of Ellen on the "Extra Large Medium" episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine's day. Although they gave me red hair on the show, I am really a blonde. I also wore a red wig for my role in " Smudge" but I was a blonde in "Life Goes On". I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm".

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.
Ouch.

Two questions: 1) Doesn't Seth McFarlane get credit for using a Downs actress to voice a Downs character? He could have easily used any voice actor, but it brings some real depth to it to use an actor with Downs. And one who understands humor, sarcasm and satire to boot.

2) Why does Rush Limbaugh get a satire pass for using 'retard', but an actual diabled person doesn't get a satire pass when giving voice to her own disability?

Sarah is such a hypocrite. She stands for nothing other than feathering her own nest.

2/20 UPDATE*****
Seth McFarlane discusses the controversy on the season premiere of Real Time with Bill Maher

No comments: