6.21.2010

Glenn Beck wants a private military, shows his hypocrisy



Beck suggests that perhaps we'd be in better shape in Afghanistan if we had hired a private military to do it. Ummm....

I won't go the easy route (though I understand the temptation) to ask why Beck hates the American troops. I would like to know why he thinks the fact that they wear an American flag on their arms makes them less successful than a private army?

However, I will agree with Beck on his final point, where he says that "all people go bad with power". Obviously he's suggesting governmental power, but I think we have to look in his back yard, at private power. We can start with him, but that's not the end of the list.

BP
Blackwater
Goldman Sachs
Citi
Enron
Bernie Madoff
Monsanto
Halliburton
Adelphia
Tyco

Why does Beck so differentiate between bad government (which is a huge problem) and bad corporations? Why do corporations get a pass? Hypocrisy, perhaps?

No comments: